cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
yeswedeliver
Level 2
11 3 0 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

8440p won't power up amber light blinks

HP Recommended
elitebook 8440p

My 8440p won't power up ... if I keep battery in - with charger connected - the amber light flashes [maybe half second intervals] continuously. If I remove the battery - and plug in - no light until I press the power button and then it flashes 9 times. I am stumped. I am thinking the battery fell below a level that the system will charge ...but thought the machine would power up without the battery and just the adapter. Grateful for any help. Thanks

UPDATE - if I press the spring loaded type button on the screen/cover [depresses automatically as cover is closed...] - and then press power button ... amber light flashes 8 times instead of 9!!

1 REPLY 1
yeswedeliver
Author
Level 2
11 3 0 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mistaken Post/reply ... blank [couldn't delete]

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation