N12WA
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

850 G4 Fingerpint Reader will not work - greyed out

HP Recommended
850-G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have an HP850 G4 computer running windows 10.  It is connected to a domain.

I can not use the fingerprint scanner.  All devices, drivers adn bios is up to date.  When I go to the settings for Windows Hello the option is greyed out.

This seems to be a common issue when searching online.  There does not seem to be a definitive fix although one soluton to add a registry key seems to come up quite frequently.

HP support which has otherwise been extremely responsive seems to be oblivous to this issue.  They suggested it was a hardware issue.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,605 92,483 11,970 25,523
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@N12WA

HP 850 G4 is a series of many models/products with many options/configurations. Some of them don't have Finger Print reader (they may have a window but NOT reader underneath).

Are you sure your model/product does have Finger Print reader ? Please check your invoice/receipt.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
N12WA
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I am sure there is a fingerprint reader.  Out of the box before joining the domain I was able to use it to log in.

FYI, on our domain I am sure that we have no Policies impacting the fingerprint login. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation