Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
850 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Even though I have a maxed-out 850 G5 with Intel i7 and nvme SSD, this laptop has the slowest BIOS I've ever seen in my life. Enter the BIOS, restarting the computer, dual booting, everything is incredibly slow until Windows kicks in and then I can see the real speed of the machine. Is this normal? Or is there some setting I am missing. I have tried enabling and disabling Sure Start and legacy boot, but there's no effect.

The other issue I am having is that it takes about 20 seconds to wake up from sleep. It should take only a few seconds at the most. I have been on the phone with an HP tech but they could not resolve the issue. They made me reset the BIOS and reinstall video drivers and change some power settings, but nothing helped. I have tried with the HP video drivers and the Intel driver but no luck.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I work with the 840 G1 through G4 models, (same motherboard), and I do not have any issues, have not had a G5 in my hands yet.

The models I work with all have traditional Hard Drives in stalled.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback but I don't see how this helps me with my problem.

HP Recommended

Having used the HP update tool two days ago, which included a BIOS update, my G5 now takes over 35 seconds to wake up from sleep - terrible.

Please provide a workable solution to this (seemingly) common problem.

A 3000$ laptop should not have this problem.

HP Recommended

One week later and nothing from HP support, I see.

Any help or hints anybody? 

I am unable to roll back my bios, despite that option being selected....ho hum.

Of note: This top of the range G5 Elitebook has been buggy from the outset (the Connexant B&O audio drivers have been just terrible, plus graphics issues via their slim docking station, to name just a couple of annoying problems I have had with this 3 month old machine).

Just my bad luck with this unit? Or do others have similar issues with this latest offering from HP?

Best Nick

HP Recommended

When I have seen similar issues the Motherboard has ended up being the cause.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.