Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,661 Views)

9470m with orange/white blinking charging led and constantly on power button light

Product Name: Folio 9470m
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having replaced an SSD the system shows a constant power button led on and the charging led is blinking white/orange.

I removed the battery and even the clock-battery, with no help.

The symptom shows when having the notebook on AC or/and battery. So I am not sure if the battery is dead, or if the notebook itself took some damage.

Thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 4 (1,617 Views)

Re: 9470m with orange/white blinking charging led and constantly on power button light

Hi,

Charging LED indicator is probably on the left of the laptop, almost under the power button.

Lights could possibly reflect through at the power button.

Orange LED indicates charging, white LED indicates fully charged.

I would suggest installing HP Support assistant.

Do a HP battery check in the software to see the battery health and lifetime.

(Afterwards, you are free to remove the HP Support assistant software ofcourse)

So maybe the laptop is almost fully charged, but because of a little degraded battery health the indicator switches every time between fully charged/almost fully charged :)

Please post battery results here, if still under warranty you could get replaced. (although modeltype sounds a little too old for that )

Hope to hear from you.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,608 Views)

Re: 9470m with orange/white blinking charging led and constantly on power button light

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I obvously was not precise enough, the system does not even boot, not even to the bios. And the white/orange flashing light is the one with the flash symbol on the front side.

So something is really wrong. I now ordered a new battery, in the hope that this is the cause.

Worst case is a blown mainboard.

Best regards

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,567 Views)

Well, I replaced the battery, unfortunately withourt success.

It would already help to have a proper description of the blinking orange/white power led (the one with the flash symbol on the front) and the steady light on the power-on button near the ESC key.

Unfortunately the HP sites do not provide an insight to these indicators. Someone on the web had that symptom, too, and also did not get an answer.

The description on the manual explains a completely discharged battery, this now with a new one, and also without the battery installed? Weird.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation