cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OgMorrow
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

About to return new Envy X2 for repair: what do I include in the box? Please help

HP Recommended
HP Envy X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received a shipping box from HP Repair today. Inside the box is a thin plastic bag, thick plastic bubble wrap, and an instruction sheet. The instruction sheet says to ship the "laptop" and power adapter. 

The Envy X2 is a tablet with a keyboard case. I'm reluctant to ship the tablet inside the keyboard case because the keyboard could be smashed into the screen and the back of the case has a metal hinge that could damage the tablet. The tablet + keyboard combo isn't rigid like a laptop. 

What do I return with the X2?

1) Do I send the tablet only?

20 Or, do I ship the tablet and keyboard-case and hope that nothing is damaged? 

Please help. Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,200 44,973 7,263 12,936
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Send it in just ike you bought it. If you are concerned about the keyboard smashing into the screen insert a thin sheet of bubble wrap between the two. The shipping box is very good at preventing damage. You don't want to ship it in and get a call saying they need additional parts. 

Having said that, I guess the real answer is call HP and find out what they say but this is what I do. Might also help to know what you arr shipping it in for, Does the tech need a keyboard? They may or may not have one handy in their cubicle. 

OgMorrow
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the note. 

1. The tablet arrived with the keyboard in separate packaging in the box. The user had to remove the packaging from both and couple them together. 

2. If I told you what I was returning it for you wouldn't believe me, but since you asked, bear with me. When you try to reset the OS, the re-install will fail at 64% and enter an endless boot loop. The only way forward is to do a clean install with the installation disks. The Envy X2 is Windows on ARM64, and neither Microsoft, Qualcomm, or the device manufacturers have released installation ISOs for the ARM64 platform, not to mention a tool to write the software onto a USB drive compatible with the ARM64 UEFI. 

So, to reset the Envy X2 you have to send it back to the factory, so they can re-image the device, or give me a new one. Who knows how they will "repair" the unit! 

The box HP sent is too small to ship properly. I'm tempted to just ship the tablet and see what happens. I assure you if I try to call, no one will know, and I'll spend at least an hour on the call and be transferred around the world and back. I mean no disrespect for HP by this statement. It would happen with any of the manufacturers today. 

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,200 44,973 7,263 12,936
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With that description (you bought it in 2 separate boxes) send in just the table. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation