11-23-2016 05:22 AM
We're using SCCM to configure all our notebooks with Windows 10 and using BCU in a tasksequence to configure the correct settings.
With both the 820 G3 and the 850 G3 we've run into a problem with activating bitlocker automatically. This happens because a BIOS setting, which was available on the previous models, is missing:
Activate TPM on next boot: Enable
Why this setting is needed is explained here.
Without this option, enabling bitlocker automatically from a tast sequence fails which results in a lot of manual work after SCCM is finished.
Until now, I've found no alternative to accomplish this so it seems that the new Elitebooks can't be deployed in a professional way (in a corporate setting). I hope that I'm overlooking something here or that HP will bring back this setting in a future BIOS update?
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data