Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Dear HP support,

Your direct product support seems to fully rely on your customers being able to register their products with you via the serial number (https://support.hp.com/us-en/add-device , error: service not available, try again later). It is pretty awesome that for at least two days this functionality does not work anymore. Would you mind fixing it, so I can get support for my half-year old 1000$ laptop with the bottom rubber already falling of..? Sorry if I sound annoyed, but I actually am.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sdfcgvbjhnk 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

"It works for me" -- Admittedly useless in context as I am on the other side of the planet from your location.

If you have not done so,

Try submitting your case to HP Support.

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

What else?

Request for Review – Please Read

A request has been submitted to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a peer-to-peer user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support -- We are not associated with HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not guarantee HP will respond nor does our request influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@sdfcgvbjhnk 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I received a direct message. Let's see how (and when) this turns out.

PS: the webpage / my serial simply doesn't seem to work, independent of how I access the page and of the browser / laptop used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.