Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yourlocalgp
Level 1
9 6 0 4
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

After resuming from sleep, Wifi icon does not respond, will not connect to new networks until reboot

HP Recommended
Elitebook 1040 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Note, this question looks similar to others but I seem to be experiencing different symptoms. 

Most of the time I am using this laptop docked, so I am not sure when the behaviour started. Despite having a care pack, I cannot recreate the problem for a support tech to help with as it natrually happens when on the move and connecting/disconnecting to/from many Wifi networks. 

After resuming from sleep, the wireless network icon in the tray appears to be active, and the mouseover text reads the name of the last connected network (even though it will be long out of range). However, clicking the icon does nothing. No slide-out dialog appears, and in Settings, the Wifi section is not present. 

I have tried

- installing the latest Intel drivers

- Reverting to earlier drivers

- Uninstalling Proset

- Reinstalling Proset

- Changing the settings for the network adapter under "Power management" in Device Manager.

All with no luck. It is as if a service that deals with network connection manis refusing to start again after sleep resume. 

Any suggestons very much appreciated. 

Thanks.

GP

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation