Level 1
9 7 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Annoying light flashing when "sleeping"

Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I put my Spectre X360 into sleep mode, it doesn't completely sleep, the power button continually flashes wasting the battery.  How do I disable this annoying and stupid "hey I'm sleeping!" flashing light?  What an id iotic design choice.  Remarkable.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,344 14,046
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Every desktop pc or laptop I have owned has flashing power button when in Sleep mode. Perhaps a little more noticebale on laptops with external power button but I don't know of any way to get rid of it other than use Shut down.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Plato1123
Level 1
9 7 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the first of 8 laptops I've owned that have actually had a flashing beacon when in power saving sleep mode, an obivous design flaw.  You're right that desktops that are not concerned about battery power frequently have such a thing.  However it's not something I should be worrying about.  I'll try to switch to decaf and seek treatment for my OCD *grin*.  Best.

(still an amazing laptop, couldn't be happier)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation