cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasubandu
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Any ideas to get my Spectre x360 15-bl112DX to actually work?

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15-112DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK, I am just about to give up. I purchased a factory refurbished Spectre X360 15 inch with an i7-8550U processor and 16GB of RAM. I am actually still within two years of its build, but out of warranty. It has been by far the most miserable and worthless computer I have ever owned. Maybe just a lemon, but it does not speak highly for HP's refurb process.

It does nothing quickly. When I launch an app the first time after booting, it can take as long as 10 seconds to see any sign that the app is starting. It seems not to to know that I have high speed internet. 

I have never really worried about the event log, and I know that many of the warnings and errors are irrelevant, but my system generates both in massive quantities. The last half hour has been typical with 11 errors and 44 warnings. I have done several clean installs of Windows 10 64, but nothing changes. I have tried safe mode and clean boot. More of the same. 

Microsoft used to have a link from errors to get information about them, but it was helpful so they took it down. The error messages include a large number of different ones. For example, 

Event 2004 Perfnet Unable to open the Server service performance object.

Event 10016 DistributedCOM No local activation permission for CLSID xxx and APPID XXX. I have taken ownership of the APPID and CLSID and given every user full control. I thought that the CLSID or APPID might show up in Component Services, and I really don't think I should have to go there. I did set the default activation to include every user. There are lots of DCOM errors, but they point to many difference CLSID and APPID. 

Event 1000 Faulting application name: wmiprvse.exe. And no, it is not the virus that lurks in Windows\System32.

Event 1000 Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE.

Event 10010 The Server {xxx} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The Event 2004 and 10016 are the most common.

The warnings seem to be mostly 1008 that say some .DLL failed with error code Access is denied.

Event 201 Connection to WMIS could not be established

Event 219 Driver failed to load

Event 10002 WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Frequent warnings no connection to internet.

Anyway, I can muddle myself around with Google, but I am already in over my pay grade. Can anyone give me some guidance as to whether this all sounds like something that can be fixed by a knowledgeable person, or do I just have a very elegant paperweight? This was my first HP after 20 years of IBM/Lenovo, and I am thinking it will be my last.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
93,906 93,782 12,147 25,888
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vasubandu 

A fresh install Windows 10 would help. Since your machine runs Windows 10, you can do a clean install W10 for free by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will allow you to make a bootable installation media (USB/DVD) and you can use installation media to install.

During the installation process if you are asked to enter a product key, check the 'Skip' box and W10 will install and then automatically activate once you are connected to the internet using the key embedded in BIOS of your machine.

Then you can install the drivers and available software you need from your PC's support page.

Note: If you wish to keep user files and applications/programs, you need to select this option from the beginning.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
vasubandu
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks but I have done two fresh installs with no change. I thought that would do it. I will do another and wipe the drive again, and then report back. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation