Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I found that for x360 1030 g3, there are no options to choose display with WWAN.

But for other type, such as x360 1040 g5, there are different display type with or without WWAN.

Does it mean all x360 1030 g3 models are shipped with WWAN antenna, then we can install WWAN card ourselves.

Thanks very much.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

Elite X360 1030 G3 can't be upgraded with WWAN .

You have to buy it with WWAN already mounted in the factory.

bye

HP Recommended

Thank you. 

Could I know what causes that?

Is it from lack of antenna, no sim card interface or some other reasons?

HP Recommended

Hello

antenna is not included and even if you see an external SIM slot, it's blocked by plastic.

Not sure if the motherboard is even without slot for WWAN card.

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks very much

HP Recommended

Hi,

I find a review on notebookcheck about this model,

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-EliteBook-x360-1030-G3-i7-8650U-FHD-Convertible-Review.354956.0.htm...

This test model is not shipped with WWAN, but has emply WWAN slot and pre-installed antenna.

It seems sim slot is not usable too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.