Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Eleitebook 1050 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't know what kind of audio problem I have on my laptop EliteBook 1050 G1...hardware software ? but it is very strange and frustrating. The audio on the B&O speakers of the laptop works bad.

I've updated everythink on the lapto and I've done severals test: all the recente driver on HP support, all the official updates of win 10 pro-64.

I need help from somebody who has my same laptop, because I'm thinking that it could be an hw problem (internal amplifier for the laptop's speaker ?)

The problem: audio instability. If I play a music the volume is not stable and sometims, there are some unwanted  volume-variations. Not only: I can hear also unwanted "tone changes" with the sound "closed" and few seconds "open".

I've tried differens players, groove, windows media player.....the problem is also presente with youtube  

With youtube-video "Betta Lemme- Bambola" - for example -  this audio problem is very evident, it's a nightmare !!

I don't understand this problem... and I cannot believe that the audio on the internal speakers of this laptop  (businnes laptop quite expensive) is so bad.

One note: using the headphone output of the laptop to an external speaker - in the same sw conditions (e.g sw player) - the problem is not present 

Help me please

Thank you. Regards

Franz

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

if you have reimaged the laptop from the F11 recovery media and still having audio issues, i recommend you contact HP Support... that laptop has extensive warranty coverage

if yo uwant to try it, you can do a Windows reset which will take some time and then update all drivers as needed... it is possible that there may be a h/w problem with the speakers, maybe a lose cable connecting the speakers?

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer Soccer_dan

I did all the upgrades available for windows 10 + all the upgrades available on HP server for my laptop

I did also F11 procedure, but the audio problem was still there 😞

I've asket HP to replace it (I've bought it 20 days ago). No problems, now I'm waiting fro the new one (same model)

I hope that the new laptop is good

Regards

HP Recommended

The new laptop - received to replace the old one - has the same audio problem.

I't non accettable to have a toplevel-HP-laptop [ EliteBook 1050 G1] with this audio problem !

Sorry

Franz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.