2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

BIOS Password Reset

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hello!

A few years ago i was given an Elitebook 8470p from my high school. I graduated the school last year. The school was supposed to unlock the computer once i graduated but this was not done... I’m now starting at a university after summer and would like to use my Elitebook there too. I’m trying to install Windows 10 but i it won’t let me change the boot order to my USB. So I need the BIOS password reset in order to access the Boot Order.

I live in Norway, and the only way to contact HP in Norway is by phone so i tried calling but the guy there didn’t have a clue what i was talking about. I know that other users have gotten a BIN file to reset the bios password. Is it possible to get that file?

Anders
3 REPLIES 3
Ruben_S
Level 6
Level 6
139 139 18 36
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Only way to reset BIOS password is by using SMC bin file.

Contact HP tech support again and inform them that you need to reset BIOS password.

Request for SMC bin file to reset BIOS password.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben

****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

0 Kudos
AndersLoberg
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello Ruben,

I’ve tried.. Only way to get in contact with HP in norway is by phone and the guy i got in contact with didn’t even know what BIOS was and told me he couldn’t help...

Anders
0 Kudos
Ruben_S
Level 6
Level 6
139 139 18 36
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please contact HP again, may be other tech can help you.

I can provide the instructions to reset BIOS password but without SMC bin file it will not be possible.

Tech support have tool to create SMC bin file.

you need to provide UUID and Serial number from system information to tech in order to create SMC bin file.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation