ChrisCH001
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

BIOS Update 01.44

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I extracted the files and ran HPBIOSUPDREC.exe -s -r -ppassword.bin to run the update without any interaction. After a reboot, I have to enter the Bios password to perform the update. Can this be avoided?

The password file was created with HpqPswd and was already used with update 01.43.

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
BarryKuma
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem when upgrading to this version. Now all our 820G1 and 850G1 laptops are requiring a password.

Seems like a bug as the password has already been provided in the flash command just like the topic starter. This makes remote management of our laptops much more difficult so I hope that the next update will fix this.

Tags (2)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
knasccm
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you find a solution on this? We have same problem with 820-840 G1 (L71 01.44) and ProBook 640 G1 (L77 01.44). What I can see in hpbiosupdrec64.log is: "EFI update utility was not found: C:\Temp\Bios\BiosUpdate\HpBiosUpdate.efi" on the test machine. I extract the SP-file downloaded from HP and copy bin-file and not entire structure with the BiosUpdate directory. It always worked for me until now. How do you do? What does your log file say?

Gonna flash another with the files and structure from SP-file to see if a get same result.

BarryKuma
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi knasccm,

the problem still hasn't been resolved. However, because I copy the EFI utils to the folder from which the BIOS flash runs, I don't get the error.

However, I did notice the following error in the log:

CopyDashPFile|Copied legacy password file from "path\2017bios_pwd.bin" to "Z:\EFI\HP\BIOS\New\".

Partition::CopyDashPFile|HPQSafeDeleteFile failed: 0x5

Maybe this is related to the error?

ChrisCH001
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear all,

It still hasn't been resolved.

I have allready opend a case by HP business support.

Chris

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation