memolee
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

BIOS reset AND enabled virtualization

HP Recommended
Probook 6460b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with BIOS password. I have smc.bin file. I copied it a flash disk(16 GB/ I dont have any other size). I tried to reset it but no luck.

I have to reach BIOS options for enabled the Virtualization. İs there any other way for enabled the Virtualization.

if someone have any other ideas please share with me for both case. I need to enabled virtualization.

Win10/Probook 

3 REPLIES 3
jorkki
Level 7
687 680 30 108
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you don't see an HP logo when you reboot, you probably have FastBoot enabled and at least for me it was bad.

The keyboard goes largely ignored and recovery process is not even started. This is something that should be fixed in the BIOS

You can verify the FastBoot status by downloading the BCU or BIOS Configuration Utility and dumping the BIOS config but if the WInKey+Up+Dn has no effect that is a bad sign already.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
0 Kudos
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,177 1,177 72 149
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As long as you have the bios password, you can change the settings of the BIOS with the BCU (BiosConfigUtility - www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement)

When you download and run the BCU softpaq, it will install on your system and you will have a user guide that explains the process.

in essence, from a command prompt, you run "biosconfigutility.exe /get:biosfile.txt" (any text file name) to obtain the contents of the bios settings

you then open the file in notepad, leave the 1st line intact, remove ALL settings from the file that you do not want to change, modify the virtualization settings you want, and save it

then, you can run biosconfigutility.exe /set:newbiosfile.txt /cspwdfile:”filename” (where "filename" is you password bin file)

then, you reboot, and your setting(s) should have changed

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
jorkki
Level 7
687 680 30 108
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the older models Mazzif should have some hope:

http://mazzifsoftware.blogspot.fi/p/hp-bios-unlock.html

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation