Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Battery Drain Elite X2 1012 G2 after BIOS-Update Nov.2017 when shut off

HP Recommended
HP elite X2 1012 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Battery drain was okay when Elite X2 1012 G2 was on BIOS as delivered in October 2017. Just shut off charging function of USB-port in BIOA and battery drain was about 2% / day when shut off and travel-keyboard was connected in shut-off-state.

After BIOS-update in November 2017 had to shut off USB-charging of external devices again in BIOS but still battery-drain is about 10% per DAY (!!!) when travel keyboard stays connected to Elite X2 1012 G2.

Please help and advise for BIOS-settings to avoid this massive battery drain in shut-off-state. I use my Elite X2 G2 "on the go" with VERY limited access to electricity plugs. So I need my Elite X2 to KEEP the charge once I can recharge it !

Can I shut-off fast start somehow if this might be the reason for battery drain in shut-off-state ?

2 REPLIES 2
qinky
Level 1
3 2 0 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm noticing no one is answering this question and it has me somewhat alarmed. I have a newly purchased Elite x2 1012 G2 with all the updates installed and I am also noticing a substantial battery drain after the device is supposedly turned off - not asleep but OFF. This shouldn't happen. I have only a microsd card in the slot and the keyboard attached, as one would expect. Hoping someone can advise.

gemini44
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wasn't using the device for a week. Keyboard and SIM card are not attached. Only micro sd card is attached. In a one week, 87% of the fully charged battery is discharged. I m already latest BIOS is available February 1, 2019. I guess there is no solution to solve this problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation