Davids_Brain
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Battery Health Manager not working on EliteBook 745 G4 with BIOS 1.26

HP Recommended
EliteBook 745 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing the latest BIOS 1.26 for the EliteBook 745 G4, running Windows 10 Enterprise (v1709, 64-bit), I went into the BIOS to enable the new Battery Health Manager to cap charging at 80% since I am usually plugged in all day. I first set it to Maximize my Battery Health and booted into Windows. I unplugged the PC and worked until the battery dropped below 80%. I plugged it in, and the battery charged all the way back to 100%, where I would have expected it to hold around 80%. I went back into the BIOS and set it to Let HP manage my battery charging and rebooted and repeated the test with the same results.

What other dependencies are there for the new Battery Health Manager to work in Windows 10? Reading the description at this URL, it doesn't sound like there should be any other dependencies, but it doesn't work at this time.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06179452?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation