cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexdos2010m
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Battery Not charging, led lights blinks for 9 times.

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G2
Linux

I have HP elitebook 840 G2, with i75600u, 12Gigs ram, 512SSD. I have multi-boot with Windows 10, Linux(Kali, parrot, Ubuntu, fedora) in total 5 os multiboot. When I faced the issue I was running Kali Linux.

The issue is, when I plugged the AC adapter, my laptop won't charge. I shutdown the pc to reduce power consumption, and tried changing again, but now the batter light blinked 9 times white, and no charging occurred. 

I tried to reset the CMOS values by removing battery and unplugging AC adapter, and pressing power button for 15 seconds. Afterwards, I plugged the AC adapter, without battery to see if laptop powers on normally, but this time both power led and battery led together blinked along with main power key and caps lock key.

So I put the battery in, and tried to plug in AC adapter, but I get the same previous issue with 9 time Battery led blinking in white and battery not charging.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation