Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery charging issue with HP Spectre 13-4129 X360

HP Spectre 13-4100 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We purchased a Spectre x360 Convertible 13-4129na for our CEO of our company in Dec 2016 and the warranty was for 1 year on this laptop. Just a few days after the warranty expired the CEO mentioned that his laptop was not charging. Upon further inspection it appears that the motherboard is not allowing the battery to charge. If I disconnect the battery then the laptop turns on and works like a desktop PC. I also purchased a new battery and this didnt resolve the issue. It appears that the cost to replace the motherboard is around £500+ which is an extortionate amount and considering that the laptop was purchased for £1200 just over a year ago I'm disappointed that it's going to cost so much considering that this seems to be a common issue on these devices. I wanted to renew the warranty but this isnt an option when I go online as HP no longer provide warranty extensions for this product. Can you please help me with this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,254 18,928 1,577 2,636
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery charging issue with HP Spectre 13-4129 X360

@ykhan

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I understand your concern and to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation