09-16-2016 01:25 AM
I recently bought a Folio 1020. I notice that the battery drains about 1-2% per day if it is not plugged in using the AC adaptor.
I google about this problem and tried the following "fixes":
1) disable "USB charging port" in BIOS
2) disable "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
3) disable "Intel Engine Management Interface" driver (I tried uninstalling it, but it automatically reinstall after reboot)
but the device continues to lose charge after complete shutdown and not plugged in.
Is this normal?
09-21-2016 06:36 AM
the Intel ME is important, so do not uninstall it.
Try unchecking BIOS setting 'deep sleep' . This is a new feature with Windows 8 and newer (Windows 10) that allows the system to come ot of off state to check for app updates or other things. That could help
Now, all batteries lose power when in the off state so you will always some loss, regardless of the product. That is a feature of Li-Io batteries
09-22-2016 05:01 AM
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (UEFI Diags) does not detect the battery.
Information in this document applies to the following:
HP Elite x2 1012 G1
BIOS versions 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16
To resolve this issue, download and install the following SoftPaq:
HP Notebook System BIOS Update
NOTE: A more recent version of this software may be available. Check for newer versions at http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=8741948 .
Hardware Platforms Affected: HP Elite x2 1012 G1
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data