Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-21-2021 09:19 PM
The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges has reached a point where your battery is no longer useful. The battery may be covered by your HP Warranty. Please contact HP.
I contacted HP and they are telling me that it's not included in warranty I want to know the reason it's the internal where's my fault in that issue?
11-24-2021 10:32 AM - edited 11-24-2021 10:32 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
The average laptop battery is good for around 300 recharges cycles roughly. After that, it starts to lose its capacity to hold a charge. This is about one and a half to two years of battery life for the average user. As the rechargeable battery begins to fail, the running time of the battery begins to decline.
- Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 (refer to Battery care practices)
General Battery Warranty Terms and HP Care Pack with Battery Support Terms:
The battery warranty and HP Care Pack with Battery Support only covers failures resulting from defects in materials or workmanship. The warranty does not cover the following:
- Decrease in capacity that occurs over time and with use of the batteries.
- Failure or diminished capacity resulting from accidents, misuse, abuse, contamination, or other external causes.
- Failure or diminished capacity resulting from improper calibration.
- Failure or diminished capacity resulting improper or inadequate maintenance.
- Battery life expectancy varies depends on product configuration and usage, including but not limited to product model, applications running, power management settings, and product features.
NOTE: You may be required to run an HP diagnostic test to determine if a battery failure is covered by the warranty.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community