Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G2
Linux

I have Zook 15 G2. Yesterday the battery led started to blink amber.

The bios version  is V1.23 - as far as I can tell latest for this model.

Battery appers to be ok and charged at 98%.

The bios diagnostic for battery comes back without any problems.

I have tried the 2 things:

- power off, disconnect power, take battery out, press power button for over 10s, power on. It starts to blink after a while

- take brand new battery from spare laptop. The battery was discharged. As soon as battery is fully charged, the led starts to blink

The laptop can boot to linux or windows. The led blinkin is consistent in both.

Until now I have registered only one negative effect. If the battery is full and I power down laptop in "blinking" state, it doesn't power up. I have to connect power for a moment. Once it is started I can disconnect power and continue until battery is discharged.

Does anybody have an idea what is going on with my laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It still might be a Battery Failure, some batteries for that model had issues.

Also try:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05531106

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.