12-07-2019 03:47 PM
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-bl100 CTO 15" about 2 years old
12-10-2019 02:50 PM
@tomwho Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the battery will not charge more than 3%.
To check the battery is good or not, I would suggest you perform the battery test.
Please follow the below steps to perform the battery test.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to the Component test.
5) From the list, run the Battery test.
If the test is failed. You have to replace the battery.
If the test is passed, please follow the below steps:
Unplug the charger and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.
😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
Additional help can be found in the below articles:
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!