Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8540w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

My hp 8540w is functioning  properly, but I have  kind of weird problem with charging. when I plug the adapter in to charger the battery,the battery icon shows charging/ discharging plug, unplug continoiusly and this stituation disappear when battery charge fully. 

when the battery icon shows 80%  and above, no problem with charging.

I have replaced the charger but the problem stays remain.

any suggestion ?

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Withe age of the laptop - the 8540w is several years old - i suspect you need to obtain a new battery. Batteries last 2, maybe 3 years at best in most cases, unless it is one of our newer LLB (Long Life Battery) technology, which can last longer

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Withe age of the laptop - the 8540w is several years old - i suspect you need to obtain a new battery. Batteries last 2, maybe 3 years at best in most cases, unless it is one of our newer LLB (Long Life Battery) technology, which can last longer

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

That's right, I just bought it as a 2nd hand for field duties and running extra programs.The battery is AV08 Notebook Battery cell origin Korea further processed in China.

I wish replacement of the battery will solve the issue.

Thank's a lot mate I appreciate your assist.

HP Recommended

Regarding to the problem above is already solved when I've got a new genuine charger 6.5 Amber and now everything is perfect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.