Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I have bought a second hand laptop HP ProBook 450 G2 a week ago. I have formatted it and installed WIN 10 64 after replacing the HDD with SSD.

I have isntalled all required drievers and updating the BIOS firmware from your HP driver website.

I am wondering why this msg (Bios not for production use) start showing whenever i reboo the laptop.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

My HP Support Assistance prompted me to update the bios on my Probook 450G2. I now get the same message at boot up - 'Bios not for production use'. What's up? Should I attempt to re-install the previous bios version? Or, are we good to go, despite the message?

HP Recommended

Hello

which is the current BIOS version ?

Which was the previous BIOS version ?

do you know the softpaq number ? something like sp12345.exe ?

bye

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but I am wondering why HP support did not pay attention to my ticket.

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version from the HP download drive.

HP Recommended

The bios file was sp96095; ver 1.5 rev A. It actually came from an email dated May 14, 2019 from HP indicating that it was a critical update. Since installing it, I get the previously mentioned message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.