Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G3

Hi

I need update bios in my laptop. 

I try find corectly files to upadate, but i can't. This files not working.

Laptop not have OS. 

I need update bios from usb (F10 - Bios Update - local media storage usb)

Can you help me ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Why do yo need to update the BIOS?

What is the installed operating system?

What softpaqs that you state have failed have you tried?

The available BIOS updates are located at the following HP web page.

http://support.hp.com/ro-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-840-g3-notebook-pc/7815294

BIOS versions available for your notebook are as seen in the following image.

BIOS versions.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

We using in corporate SCCM and install systems with use that.

When I try install system SCCM warning this pc not added to colection for install, but is it added.

On other pc 840 g3 intallation working. I think this is problem bios verssion. On other pcs is newest bios version and work.

On this 1 specific machine is older bios.

So I download this software, but when I create bootable usb storage, bios update not work. 

HP Recommended

My questions require specific answers.

If you answer selectively, I will depart your thread.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Why do yo need to update the BIOS?

up 

What is the installed operating system?

Non OS.

What softpaqs that you state have failed have you tried?

I don't undestand question. Sorry i from pl. 

HP Recommended

Please use Google translate.  It works. Here is a translation of the first question that I asked you. The onus of translation is yours. This is the English language forum and posts must be made in English.

Dlaczego trzeba zaktualizować BIOS?

Google translate

https://www.google.nl/search?q=google+translate&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=i...

Ciężar tłumaczenia jest twoje. To jest forum języka angielskiego i posty muszą być sporządzone w języku angielskim.

HP Recommended

You can download the BIOS softpaq from "the other Windows OS system" and run it and make the USB key. This will create  "Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New" and other folders and put the BIOS file in the New folder. This will enable you to update the BIOS through F10 Setup.

HP Recommended

I tried the procedure of updating HP EliteBook 840 G3

but after restarting It has an error The system cannot find any bios update 

HP Recommended

Have you tried to update the BIOS through your network?

The 840 G3 Supports updating over a network using the BIOS utility, if it does not work try the instructions in the next papagraph.

The current version of the 840 G3 BIOS might not work, so you should also try an older version, when you locate the BIOS download on HP.com there should also be a link below it to download "Previous Versions"

After you download the BIOS Update run it and choose the option "Create Recovery Drive" to make the USB drive you will need, the recovery drive will have the binary file in the Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current Directory, copy that file into the Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New directory for updates. (file copies will be in both directories)

I've been having some issues with the new 840 G3 and 840 G4 updates and have escalated the issue with HP Tech Support, the current workaround is to use the previos BIOS until the issue has been resolved.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.