1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Black screen after replacing to higher resolution screen HP 470 G3

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my HP Probook 470 G3. I've got here HD+ 1600 x 900 B173RTN02.1 with x64lc103 LVDS connector and I bought Full HD IPS 1920 x 1080 B173HAN01.0. Sockets are correct both are AU Optronics branded, but the Full HD one doesn't work! Nothing displays while BIOS boot. It's not recognized from Windows 10 either. No backlight too.

Do you have any idea what can occure this problem? Shall I change something in BIOS settings?
I've tried to switch between the screens a few times. HD+ work, FHD doesn't.

Have I made a mistake or just new screen is broken?

1 REPLY 1
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 672
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you saying that you replaced the Display in a Notebook PC with a different Display/Panel afetr you purchased the PC?

Some options only work if the Feature Byte indicates they are installed, and you cannot change Feature Bytes...

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation