Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Black screen and the key "Caps Lock" is blinking after add memory and WLAN module.

HP Recommended
HP 242 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP 242 GP laptop, I am adding the memory and replace WLAN module,
The Black screen and the key "Caps Lock" is blinking after power-on

After adding above part, First power on the laptop, The BIOS detects the new memory properly.
It can look the memory model name and speed info, And it can boot into the windows7 system,
And the system can detect the correct ram size (original and new add) and can WLAN module and work properly after driver installed.

Everything seems normal, But it CANNOT BOOT up after system shutdown (Power Off).
Second Power-up, The screen is blank, no beeping, power led light up, and the "caps lock" LED begins to blink continuously.

Wifi Key light up

All action is below:
The "caps lock" LED blinks for 3 times, then dark, Then "caps lock" LED blinks for 3 times, then dark, Total continue for 6 times,
Then the laptop auto power off, and wait about some seconds, The laptop auto power on, Then the above step auto continues.

After issue occurs, I tried the following method, but the laptop is still cannot work:

(I always remove the battery and power adapter and press power button for 3 Sec then Install/Reinstall memory or WLAN module.)

1. Power-off Laptop, remove-battery/ power adapter, press power button for 30 Sec, then connect power adapter, power on.

2. Remove the new memory, then connect power adapter, power on. (With or without battery)

3. Reinstall the original memory (not install the new memory), then connect power adapter, power on. (With or without battery)

4. Reinstall the original memory and WLAN module.

For both the memory modules (original and new) and WLAN module, It work properly on the other laptop after issue occurs.
Could any one can help me to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation