Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-19-2020 03:05 PM
Product: HP Pavilion
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a Bang & Olefson bluetooth speaker, that will pair with my laptop, but will not show as an available option to select to play. I have uninstalled bluetooth, updated drivers, etc and nothing seems to work to make it show!
1 REPLY 1
02-22-2020 01:31 PM
@aland703 Welcome to HP Community!
I see that you are trying to use the Bluetooth speakers with your HP PC and are encountering issues. Appreciate all your efforts
Let's try the steps listed below to try and fix the issue:
- Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
- On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click) Volume , and then select Playback devices.
- On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select Connect.
- Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.
If the issue persists, try updating the Bluetooth drivers on your PC. Here are the steps:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, select it from the list of results and then expand Bluetooth in Device Manager.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth radio, then select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If no updates are found, simply right-click and uninstall the Bluetooth drivers. Restart the PC once done, so that the Windows will reinstall the generic Bluetooth drivers. Now, try pairing the speaker again.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community