cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick95126
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bought a defective HP elitebook 755 and HP support policies are draconian and unsupportive

HP Recommended
Elitebook 755
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

26 days ago I purchased a brand new elitebook 755 from WOOT.

This computer is brand new and comes with a 3-year HP on-site warranty.

Out of the box the laptop was defective. The power cord male end does not stay in the power port plug female end, it falls out I called support explain the problem try different cords same issue. Support decided to schedule an in-home service appointment. The representative was late but came changed out one of the boards fixing the plug issue. 

Immediately after he left I tried to use my laptop I noticed the following things

The laptopw adapter no longer works you cannot select a wireless network the screen is black also the power can I be turned off the only way to turn the power off is to actually touch the physical button you cannot turn the power off in Windows.

Also I had to unencrypted the hard drive when he reinstalled the motherboard, who knows what sort of long-term issues I'm going to have this laptop now.

These problems did not exist before the HP technician touched my laptop

I immediately called HP support and explained the situation. I was told that they will only repair the item again not replace it so in effect best case I purchase a refurbished item if they can actually get the thing to work again after they broke it.

The retailer will not take the item back because it's been repaired and it's broken I didn't break it HP did. 

I'm told that it has to be repaired three times before they'll send a replacement.

I did not buy a used item I bought a new item that should be fully functional out of the box.

I've asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that no supervisor will speak to me supervisors do not talk to people over the phone there's no place for me to escalate HP totally stonewalled me.

Is it fair that I spent my hard-earned money on a brand new item only to received a defective item that they can't seem to fix when they try to fix it they break another aspect of the laptop. I'm totally frustrated and turned off by HP 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation