Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15V G5 Mobile Workstation Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently (less than 1 week) bought a brand new HP ZBook 15v G5 Mobile Workstation Laptop.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 9th Gen Core i7 9750H, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P600 4GB, 1 TB HDD, 256 GB SSD

I use it to run rather heavy loads (engineering simulations) for several hours during the day.

I noticed that the laptop overheats to 95 degree Celsius and above under load, and at times is around 50 degree Celsius when idling (no load).

The laptop also for the past few days when booting up from a cold start displays the Blue Screen of Death with the error: 

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

When I force shut down and restart, it boots up normally. This has happened twice already.

I made sure that the HP CoolSense is ON. The ambient temperature at my place is around 27 degree Celsius.

I have no idea what is going on with this overheating and Blue Screen of Death issues.

Could someone please help ASAP? Thanks a lot in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As a business laptop, it is supported by HP Image Assistant... before you go any further, run HP IA and update the BIOS (primarily) and all drivers it suggests... the fan algorithms are in the BIOS

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hello @Soccer_dan,

Thank you for the response!

Yes, I had done just that - updating the BIOS and all drivers  - a couple of days after I had posted this issue here, and I also bought a laptop cooling pad.

However, now the issue is that I see that the performance has dropped considerably!

Where it took around 2 minutes 20 seconds to complete 1 iteration of a simulation run, now it takes around 4 minutes!!

I am unable to take advantage of the CPU after the BIOS update.

How can this be resolved? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.