cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tacsk0
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Built-in webcam disappeared from Win8.1 on zBook14(g1), after the BIOS was updated from 1.48 to 1.49

HP Recommended
HP zBook14 G1 (F0V14ET)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear HP Community,

I have just upgraded my HP Zbook 14 (generation 1) notebook from BIOS version 1.48 to 1.49 and the process seemed to go well. However, after reboot the webcam built into the LCD display lid is no longer usable and not even present in Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit OS!

That's a big problem for me, due to the need to work from home office during the COVID-19 epidemic and having to participate in web conferences.

I wonder if BIOS revision 1.49 update release may be a faulty, causing the webcam problem and needs to be rolled back? I can provide the following circumstantal data:

Notebook name: HP zBbook 14 (gen1)

Notebook model: F0V14ET

Notebook serial number: C....K

BIOS update 1.49 download location: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp102001-102500/sp102452.exe

File hash (SHA-1): 08079d78055f6cc7b546e52b1ef251a89dcff842

I have submitted the HP support case number for this problem: 5047816008

Please suggest a solution if the community could provide it sooner than the possibly bureaucratic factory support?

(Note: the zBook laptop uses "secure UEFI update" method which means it is NOT possible to revert/downgrade to the previous BIOS once you have the new one installed...)

Thanks in advance, Yours Faithfully:
Tamas Feher, Budapest Hungary.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation