Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Envy arrived today and I've noticed that the charger tends to get hot when it is plugged to PC during work. Just now charged it from around 15% to 97% and tried to grab the charger. I think it is hot that it should be. Please let me know if it is normal or how can I find out how hot it have to be.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @gsulaberidze

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the AC Adapter query. 

To better assist you - Are you using the same AC Adapter that was shipped with the computer? 

For best performance, use only the AC power adapter that came with your HP notebook computer and configure your power management settings for optimal performance based on your usage habits. Your AC power adapter's wattage information is printed on a label located on the bottom of the AC adapter. If you use a power adapter that has a lower wattage than your notebook requires, there might be some trade-offs. The CPU clock rate might be reduced to save power, which can cause programs to run slower, the battery might charge more slowly or not at all, or the power adapter itself might become warm to the touch.

While you respond to that, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Download and install the BIOS from this link.  

Also, try testing the AC Adapter using these steps - 

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F2 once.

4) Go to Component test.

5) From the list, run the AC Adapter test. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita

Many thanks for your detailed unwiser. I am trying  to do your all recommendations. Entering my laptop's serial number, product number or product name can't find my product in the list to update bios.

Please let me know should I use number close to my laptop's serial number?

Check the link

https://monosnap.com/file/qHYedR89AJs0scdSGyS8OlDNLVT2Hf

Thank you

HP Recommended

@gsulaberidze

May I have the model name and the product# of the computer? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

Please find below requested information:

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx

[edited]

3EC87AVT#ABA

HP Recommended

@gsulaberidze

Here's the link for software and drivers for HP ENVY x360 - 15t-cn000 CTO. 

Download the BIOS from here

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita

I really appreciate for your support.

I have already downloaded drivers for this laptop but I am not sure if those drivers were eclectically for this laptop and if all off the have been downloaded or installed. 

Do you suggest to download all drivers that you send me from the begging?

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita

I have downloaded bios update and install it. However I did not find "component test" in it. Please let me know what should I do?IMG_2742.jpg

HP Recommended

@gsulaberidze

Download and install the hardware diagnostics from this link

You may also refer to this document - HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita

Sorry for my late reply. I was busy.

According to your recommendations I have  installed the hardware diagnostics and run tests.

It seems to me that everything is all right. However charger gets hot.

What can you suggest me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.