Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

CPU&HDD question

HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G5

Hello good people.

I am looking to buy a new laptop.

So far, these three look like a best option for me:

HP ProBook 430 G5 3KY88EA - 1020€ (1265$)

HP ProBook 430 G5 2UB46EA - 1043€ (1295$)

I could fine any difference between the two? Is there a version with nonreflecting monitor? Is that better or worse? I have read a test with UB46EA, which lists only display brigtness as a possible setback. Does anyone have experience with them?

And the final one is:

HP ProBook 430 G5 3KY90EA - 1168€ (1450$)

First two versions are with 16GB of RAM with 512GB SSD and i5-8250U.

The third one has a hybrid of 1TB HDD and 512GB SSD with a i7-8550U and 16GB of RAM. Question here is, they are two separated drives? Not a hybdrid like ssd and hdd in one?

Difference between the second and the third is 125€ (155$). I can install a second hdd by myself, as I have read here? I need a hdd cage and a 2,5" hdd? In that case, I can get a 1TB WD Black for 70€ (87$).

The only thing remains, is the i7 worth it against the i5? I mean, besides the hdd part, that is the only difference.

Furthermore, all the G5 430 Probook models can be charged with usb type c? I have an external battery which I use sometimes for my phone 20 000mAh which should be able to provide me with a few more hours of work if needed?

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards,

Srdjan

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,757 42,546 6,798 11,872
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes the 8th gen i7 is worth the additional cost. The hybrid + SSD is what it says: 2 different drives. One is a mechanical hybrid drive and the other is a gumstick type M.2 SSD which is what you definitely want. 

Don't assume you can charge it with any 3rd party USB-C device as you likely cannot. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
96 88 8 17
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unquestionably, I would go with the third option.

My opinion is never go with a lesser processor — always choose at least an Intel I7 or Xenon.

The hybrid is a separate HDD and a separate  SSD.

I do not recommend using any charging device other than the one supplied with the PC.

Lastly, choose the HP ZBook if possible.  Don't be put off by the advertised prices.  Deep discounts as much as XX% are available by purchasing through an HP SMB Account Manager (if you are eligible).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all.

Thank you.

Will see to get the i7 then.

Zbook looks interesting but this is already a lot of money.  The Zbook of the same specs:

HP ZBook 14u G5, Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD - 2067€ (2550$).

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation