Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-31-2022 07:35 AM
I am sorry this happened.
The answer is No, HP cannot and does not track, block, shut down, or wipe stolen devices.
This is one of those rare instances where people might wish that HP is actually capable of doing all that people claim they can do.
There is software that can do this - you have to had subscribed and installed it before the device was taken.
Windows "Find my device" - if you enabled it while you still had the computer - might locate a device if the thieves are kind enough to put it on the Internet where it can be "seen" .
Suggestions / Opinions
- If you have insurance, contact your insurance agent.
- If you have data stored in the Cloud, for example, in OneDrive, that data is likely still there.
- Change the passwords to everything and anything that you think was on the computer, including your Cloud storage accounts.
- Check your backups for the types of files and data that might be compromised.
- If, for example, you had sensitive bank data on the computer, contact your bank and ask them to stop payment / protect your money.
- Talk to a friend, colleague, community or church - don't stress on this by yourself.
- Report the theft to the local police department - having the information can help if they find your computer.
- If you had sensitive work data on the machine, tell your boss about it - hiding the information is seen by most employers as a form of theft or deceit.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community