Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want my battery to last as long as possible..~7 yrs vs just 3 yrs. As I understand it, having it charge only up to 50% will considerably lengthen battery life. its easy to do on my Dell and my Lenovo but i cant find a way to set this on my new HP.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sff1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a product number and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP EliteBook 840 G5

Product Number 3RF10UT#ABA

HP Recommended

the best option available (with the later BIOS updates) is to set the BIOS 'Battery Health Manager' setting to Maximize my Battery Health... The BIOS will charge up to <100% but will try to keep the battery cooler for longer... I am not sure you can ever get 7 years since all Li-Io cells tend to degrade over time with charge cycles, but you will get the most longevity out of the battery

i also recommend installing Hp System Defaults Settings softpaq which tweaks the default power management profile in Windows to optimize battery performance... then, you adjust these setting to suit your needs

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.