Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Elitebook 850 G3 that is experiencing some issues and I'd like to try a different SSD and potentially RAM to see if they resolve the issue. I'd also like to potentially upgrade the RAM on a different machine of the same model which was purchased at the same time. Both of these machines are still under warranty but the user of the first is rarely in the office so getting HP out to service the machine, or worse potentially having to send it in could be difficult for me so I was hoping to troubleshoot myself first. However if the warranty would be voided by me opening the machines we'll just open a support ticket and get them looked at by HP. Anyone know if I should expect to see any issues if I opened them myself? I'm fairly experienced, having serviced Zbooks and 85x0 models previously but this model is a little less blatantly servicable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

you should not void warranty by opening the Elitebook g5 case... follow the guidelines and instructions on the service manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05922740

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@nbolton2009

I always say Warranty is a grey/gray area. If no problem when and after doing that then no problem otherwise HP would not honour warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

as HP supports that you may add an LTE card, add a second memory , you can open the unit without any issue.

Important is not to break anything doing this operation.

Bye

HP Recommended

you should not void warranty by opening the Elitebook g5 case... follow the guidelines and instructions on the service manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05922740

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Aside from the G5 being pretty different casing wise from the G3, I appreciate the info. I did go ahead and open one up based on the other comments here and had no issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.