cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
W4RR10R
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Can I run Triple Channel Mode in my HP Compaq Elite 8300 motherboard?

HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have an old laptop and I got it's RAM (DDR3 SODIMM in 2pcs. of 2Gb in different brands), I took it out and ordered 2 DDR3 SODIMM to DDR3 DIMM adapters from online. I've done the basics in installing them. I have 4 slots (in Banks of 2, 2 black and 2 white) I assumed that the black was for the pair of my 1 stick of 4Gb DIMM so I installed the other 2 in the white slots. I held the power button for 30 seconds and it did the beep sequence indicating that there is something wrong with the RAM. I fiddled around with it, until I tried to just install the 2 sticks of 2Gb and it works as I'm writing this right now. Now my question is can you run in the Triple Channel Mode and how? If not will using the 1 stick of 4Gb and 1 stick of 2Gb work?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation