Did you mean: 
Recurious
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Can't change boot order on HP Elitebook 8570w

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have had a HP EliteBook 8570w for quite a while and because the old HDD drive was getting quite slow while starting up and because it was still running windows 7 I decided to switch it out for an SSD drive with windows 10. I put the HDD drive in a HDD caddy so I could still access the files if I needed to. The problem is that when I start up my laptop it starts the HDD drive in the HDD caddy with windows 7 first instead of the SSD drive with windows 10.

When booting I can manually select the SSD drive by pressing ESC + F9 but I really don't feel like doing this every time I start up my laptop. I want my laptop to always boot the SSD drive first, however I can't find a way to do this.

When I boot up and press ESC  + F10 I can find boot options but it doesn't allow me to change the boot order (I can see the boot order but it doesn't actually allow me to select any of the options nor change them). Another option would be to put the SSD drive in the HDD caddy and put the HDD drive back in its original position, but this doesn't seem like an elegant solution to me.

So does anyone know how you can switch around the boot order within the software such that my laptop always boots the SSD drive first?

Thanks in advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation