phoward1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Charging HP Probook 430 G5 with USB C Dock

HP Recommended
Probook 430 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using the USB-C Univeral docking station to charge a Probook 430 G5, it is not charging fully and instead keeps the charge at the same value it is on when I plug this in - unlike when the power adapter is plugged in directly when it charges normally. Also there is no power connection next to the battery symbol in the sys tray - just the battery on it own like you see when no power is plugged in.

I have tried more than one docking station and they are both the same. I have updated windows10 drivers to the latest version. I have reinstalled the latest hp docking station application. I have checked bios and windows power options and cannot see anything that may cause this. I have tried updating usb hub drivers in device manager but no luck.

Has anyone else ever seen this issue and been able to fix?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation