Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pro book 450G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just ordered a 450 G3 to be built and a HP 230W Advanced Docking Station. The rep told me that computer will work in the Docking station. Now I'm concerned it won't work. Can someone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Few examples: The 13.3-inch HP ProBook 6360b, 14-inch HP ProBook 6460b and 15.6-inch HP ProBook 6560b.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

From its specs:

HP Docking Stations and HP Advanced Docking Stations are compatible with HP ProBook b-Series Notebook PCs, HP EliteBook 8xxx p Series Notebook PCs, and HP EliteBook 8xxx w Series Mobile Workstations.

Source:   http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/business-solutions/hp-230w-advanced-docking-station-a7e38ut-aba

Your machine is an HP ProBook s-Series  therefore this won't work. Please return it and get your money back. Looks like no real docking station for  Probook s-series around, USB "docking station" is an option.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Would you know which computer is compatible with this docking station? this will make re-ordering easier.

HP Recommended

Hi,

From my previous reply:

HP Docking Stations and HP Advanced Docking Stations are compatible with HP ProBook b-Series Notebook PCs, HP EliteBook 8xxx p Series Notebook PCs, and HP EliteBook 8xxx w Series Mobile Workstations.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I understand, but what are examples of HP probook b-series. The order people don't seem to know.

HP Recommended

The ProBook 400 series laptops do NOT have dedicated docking. You can, however, use USB 3 docking solutions available from HP

The Probook 600 g2 (14", 15.6") series and the Elitebook g1-g2-g3 (12.5", 14", 15.6") series all share the HP Ultraslim docking system - previous probook 600 g1 and earlier generations used the docking station you had purchased for the 450 laptop

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Few examples: The 13.3-inch HP ProBook 6360b, 14-inch HP ProBook 6460b and 15.6-inch HP ProBook 6560b.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.