Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I need to know the Compatible SSD Type & Size for HP Probook 450 G3:

Can i install 1TB M2 2280 SSD along with the existing 1TB SATA HDD.

I want to add WD Blue Sata SSD M2 2280 (1TB)

https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sata-m-2-ssd#WDS100T2B0B

Why does the manual say that i cant go beyond 256GB?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the manual, I don't see dual drive configurations as a supported option.

HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

The drive capacities are just what HP offered in the model series, not the maximum capacity supported.

The WD Blue M.2 SSD should work fine, but I can't say one way or the other if it will work along with the 2.5" drive.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

This has given me confidence to buy the device.

Lets see how it goes.

Manual says i have to select it as primary storage.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

Hopefully, after you install it, an option will show up in the BIOS to set it as the primary storage device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.