Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ay111nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I got a new WiFi connection which has 2.4G and 5G. I want to connect to the 5G one but I'm unable to. Is there anything that can be done?..Please help me out!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@arhamkidwai64

Your machine has a 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo (Miracast compatible) wifi card which only supports 2.4GHz networks. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05282567

I believe HP removed the whitelist few years ago, but to be safe please use

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo part # 863934-855

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo part # 806723-005

wireless cards which are available as options for the 15-ayxxx machines (xxx = 000 to 199).

Unfortunately your machine only has one antenna therefore you have to add one antenna to get full benefit of new card. I can't find from HP to get part # for the second antenna.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@arhamkidwai64

Your machine has a 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo (Miracast compatible) wifi card which only supports 2.4GHz networks. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05282567

I believe HP removed the whitelist few years ago, but to be safe please use

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo part # 863934-855

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo part # 806723-005

wireless cards which are available as options for the 15-ayxxx machines (xxx = 000 to 199).

Unfortunately your machine only has one antenna therefore you have to add one antenna to get full benefit of new card. I can't find from HP to get part # for the second antenna.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
OK. Thanks for your help..Also, I bought this laptop in Saudi Arabia so, some pre-installed applications are in Arabic.Is there anyway to change the language of applications to English?
HP Recommended

Is there an upgrade that can simly resolve this issue? Please HELP! I need to connect to a 5G.

The 2G is not giving me the speed i need and is now very slow since ever since the 5G became available.

Pretty soon 5G will be replace by something higher and will need to upgrade our devices, this sucks!

ALL devices should be compatible to any wifi connections!   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.