Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
840G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I would need help to find a way to connect my EliteBook to TV.I have tried with Intel Widi though seems the feature has been discontinued Windows 7. The machine doesn't not have the port to connect the HDMI port to directly connect...Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@merohin27 

Machine has one of the following wifi adapters/cards

Wireless LAN (WLAN) Via M.2 Minicard

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo (vPro) 
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo (non-vPro) 
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo (non-vPro)

None of them supports wifi. You have few options

(a) Using HDMI: Your machine has DP 1.2 on the right hand side

840 g3.png

A direct DP to HDMI cable will do the job because both use digital signals.

(b) Wireless: The following adapter (or similar) will work

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/google/google-chromecast-charcoal-grey/343306/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. the link provided(for the adapter) is not opening at my end.could you let me know the adapter name(possibly an image). My Television has only HDMI ports. Assist me on this.

HP Recommended

there are 2 ways to connect to a TV

*  use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (very inexpensive) and a HDMI cable

*  Use Intel WiDi software (still available at HP for Windows 7/X64 - https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-840-g3-notebook-pc/7815294), along with a Miracast adapter receiver connected to the TV HDMI port

Note: Windows 10 supports Wireless projection natively

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.