Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with elitebook 840 g5, the cpu speed is always 0.4ghz, even when burn-in test is running and using power adapter, i tried to change some power options in bios and windows, but no luck, can you tell me something about this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

if the laptop is doing and performing to your satisfaction for your applications, then this might be a Windows performance reporting problem, and nothing to do with the laptop... In any case, I would make sure you update your system (use HP IA - www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) first to make sure Windows is getting information from the right component drivers and BIOS

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

@soccer_dan wrote:

if the laptop is doing and performing to your satisfaction for your applications, then this might be a Windows performance reporting problem, and nothing to do with the laptop... In any case, I would make sure you update your system (use HP IA - www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) first to make sure Windows is getting information from the right component drivers and BIOS

No, it does not performing to my satisfaction, applications are freezing sometimes due low cpu speed. I have used HP IA and download everything it offered, but it did not solve this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.