Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbara37
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Critical Security Bulletin - Feb 26 2019 HPSBHF03572 rev. 4 - Unsafe Opcodes Exposed in SPI (c0586

HP Recommended
elite 850 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I hope I am in the correct place for help.  Apologies in advance if this question has been asked before but I didn't find it.

I received a Security Bulletin - via email

Critical Security Bulletin - Feb 26 2019 HPSBHF03572 rev. 4 - Unsafe Opcodes Exposed in SPI (c05869089)

I went in as usual and found the download for my device:

HP EliteBook 850 G1 Notebook PC
SP84999

But when I go to do the update I get the following warning:

Warning: This device has Bios version 1.46.

This utility will replace it with an older version 1.42

I don't know whether I should proceed with the update - considering this as well:

Notice:: The information in this security bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice,

regards

Barbara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 153
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version 1.46 is the latest and you should be OK with that version... Do NOT downgrade 

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 153
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version 1.46 is the latest and you should be OK with that version... Do NOT downgrade 

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

Barbara37
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Soccer-Dan,

thanks very much for your reply.  I guess it sounded like a stupid question - but I appreicate your reply because I thought if HP were sending something I should be actioning it.

thanks again,

kind regards

Barbara

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation