Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0003ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement.

Laptop is new, less that 2 months. Problem appeared ones in a week or so after purchase. Then it seems to became worse. Pauses happen unexpectedly and without any obvious reason.

This seems to be more frequent in HP Recommended power mode. Recently the started to blow to hard in this power mode (I did not notice it was like that a month ago). I created a new mode, Power Saver. Fan calmed down to not blowing (I don't hear it?) at all most of the time. Looks like this also improved a bit the cursor pauses issue. It might me just how it appears to me as the problem occurs erratically.

I use a Bluetooth mouse Logi MX Anywhere 2S. Driver has been reinstalled. Elan touch pad's driver also reinstalled. Unused (greyed out) mouse/pointing devices removed. BIOS is up to date.

Somewhere I was reading to test the mouse in BIOS window. Mouse does not work in BIOS - I can use keyboard only.

Computer RAM has been upgraded to 32 GB.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Pupkind

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Thank you for the advices.

HPSA came with the laptop. It is set to check for updates weekly. All drivers are up to date with what HP have.

I manually updated drivers for RX Vega and Nvidia from the device manager yesterday. Windows is up to date.

I was using the laptop for a coupe hours today. The issue came 2-3 times  during this time.

There was one occurrence a couple days ago when YouTube video froze while the sound kept playing. I tried to move the cursor to see what was going on but it did not move. In a few seconds the video caught up with the sound and the cursor started to respond normally.

I am inclined to approach this radically if there is no clear solution for the issue - to reset or reinstall the system.

HP Recommended

@Pupkind,

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.

Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.

From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.

Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.

From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.

Click on ‘Save changes’ button.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps.

Go to the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control panel’ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.

From the top-right filter, choose ‘Large icons’ and navigate to the ‘Power Options’,

Click and open the ‘Power options’.

Select the power plan according to your requirement and click on ‘Change plan settings’.

Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.

In the power options windows, click on the button ‘Restore plan defaults’.

Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@The_Fossette Power trouble shooter found that the screen brightness was too high 🙂 Power plan I have active is Power Saver that created recently. The reason was the HP Recommended Plan caused fans to run constantly when on AC power. No any defaults have been changed in the Power Save Plan - restore defaults option is greyed out. Thank for the trying to help but the problem still exists.
HP Recommended

@Pupkind

I recommend you perform a system restore on the computer back to the date when everything was working fine.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.