1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Discrete GPU mode on Zbook G3

HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have Zbook 15 G3 as my tool for CAD-modeling. It has integrated Intel HD 520 GPU and discrete AMD Firepro W4190M GPU.

I have very poor performance on CAD-modeling and I'm fairly sure that it is because the computer is not using 100% Firepro GPU when modeling.

Problem is, I'm not able to disable the integrated GPU. In BIOS, only options are to use Hybrid graphics or UMA-mode which is integrated only. My BIOS version is N75 Ver. 01.38.

In this video https://youtu.be/HE6WA2l-14w?t=208 the trick in case is done on HP laptop but with Nvidia card. I don't have that force to run discrete only mode -option.

So the question is, is it possible to force the laptop use only Firepro card and how is it done?

3D CAD gets bottlenecked by onboard graphics, even if you force the Nvidia control panel to use the discreet card. Let me demonstrate.------------Support th...
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation