Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Previously I had an HP Elitebook 8460p and this thing was a tank. With it I used the official HP Docking station where the Notebook physically clicked down into the station. I have since moved on to an HP ZBook 15 G3. With this notebook I have an HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 which connects differently using a small Thunderbolt cable. One issue is that when I power on my laptop I cannot see anything on my external monitors until Windows 10 boots to the login screen. On my 8460p I was able to see my BIOS screen, change boot options, and see the Windows startup sequence. Is there a way to get the same behavior on my ZBook when using external monitors? I can see all of this if I open the laptop screen but this is shut when I am docked.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So am I just SOL with this laptop? If so maybe I'll consider a Lenovo next time

HP Recommended

Nothing eh?

HP Recommended

yes, you should see the BIOS come up on a monitor connected to the Thunderbolt 3 dock... make sure you update the BIOS (and drivers) on the ZBook as well as the TB dock firmware (make sure a DP monitor is connected)

The latest f/w for the dock is 1.53 - SP91361

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

So I got around to updating the Bios on my laptop to the latest, as well as the firmware on the dock to the latest, no dice. Still no image when the laptop is booting on my monitor until I get to the Windows login screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.