PeterK_3000
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Docking Station not Connecting to External Display

HP Recommended
Zbook 14u G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to get a Zbook 14u g5 to work with a 2013 Ultraslim docking station and having an issue with the display.

My display is a 32" Samsung smart TV, which works fine, if I hook it up to the laptop using a straight HDMI cable. 

I would like to run it through the docking station display port, so I purchased a cable that has a Display Port plug on one side and an HDMI plug on the other.     Unfortunately, there is no signal coming from the laptop now.   The monitor/tv "knows" that there is a cable going to the specific HDMI port, but there's something wrong between the two.  Is this an incompatibility with the Display Port?  Any suggestions?  Thanks

UPDATE:  This can be marked as resolved.  Turned out my power outlet was wonky, so the dock wasn't getting consistent power.  Swapped out the surge protector and all is well.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation